Call for Applications: International Association for Political Science Students Media Coordinator
Application Deadline: May 17, 2015.
The International Association for Political Science Students is herewith launching a Call for Applications for the position of Media Coordinator. The Media Coordinator is a position within the IAPSS Department for Public Relations and International Relations and will be in charge of various tasks related to the public outreach of the Association. Responsibilities range from the management and continuous development of the social media, the websites and other online representations of IAPSS.
Requirements for the position
- a high degree of mutual responsibility, motivation, self-initiative and dedication, combined with reliability and flexibility with regards to the work in a highly international environment with a strong intercultural competence;
- excellent command of the English language (spoken and written);
- current enrolment in a political science or related programme (of any educational level incl. undergraduate or graduate studies or a PhD position);
- affinity with WordPress, mail campaign software (e.g. Mailchimp) and other content management systems (CMS);
- strong communication skills with an extensive understanding of creativity, the various facets of public relations and digital means of communication;
- experienced in and willing to work with a high degree of organizational and conceptual freedom, but punctual and committed to adhere to work-related frameworks
- the daily management of the social media devices of IAPSS (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn: pages, groups and communities) with a combined number of more than 125.000 followers;
- the maintenance and continuous development of the IAPSS website with regards to content management, graphic features, online forms and its technical framework;
- the regular publication of opportunities related to the portfolio of the Association (calls, opportunities) throughout a variety of digital devices incl. internal and external mailing lists, social media, the IAPSS website et al.;
- leading the on-site media team at IAPSS’ two annual conferences, the IAPSS World Congress and the IAPSS Autumn Convention, including photographic documentation, live coverage in social media and recording selected sessions;
- supporting the Head of the IAPSS Public Relations and International Cooperation Department in developing and producing the promotion and event-related material of IAPSS.
Framework of the Position
- The position is – as all other positions within IAPSS – voluntary and unpaid, and extends until the end of the upcoming legislative mandate of the Association (June 1, 2015 – May 31, 2016).
- Costs and expenses related to the execution of the position (e.g. for travel, accommodation, public transport et al.) are fully covered by IAPSS.
- Participation in the board meetings connected to IAPSS two bi-annual conferences (the IAPSS World Congress in April and the IAPSS Autumn Convention in October) is strongly encouraged and all related costs are covered respectively.
How to Apply:
- Do you think you have what it takes to support the IAPSS Executive Committee in its media management?
- Are you thrilled by the idea of combining your fascination for political science and international relations with a state-of-the-art and creative approach to public relations?
- Then apply NOW! Please send your letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) referring to your experiences, skills and interests, your CV (min. 1,5 pages, no photograph) and a creative proposal for contemporary social media work (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than May 17, 2015.
All applicants will be notified within 7 working days from May 17. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The instalment will take place on June 1, 2015.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions or inquiries at email@example.com, to the attention of Thomas Linders.