Application Deadline: 13 May 2016
The UNEP DTU Partnership (UDP) is a leading international research and advisory centre on energy, climate and sustainable development. UDP is part of the Department of Management Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), as well as being a collaborating centre of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). UDP works in close partnership with UNEP and has project activities in more than 50 developing countries. UDP collaborates with a large number of international agencies, governments and research institutions, especially in developing countries. The successful candidate will join an international team of over 60 professionals in an interdisciplinary work environment.
The Cleaner Energy Development Programme, with a current staff of 11, is seeking a Postdoc to contribute to research, methodological development, capacity building and implementation of projects within the field of Sustainable Transport in Developing Countries.
Responsibilities and tasks
The Postdoc will work within the Clean Energy Development Programme of UDP as part of the transport research team, and participate in the following activities:
- Preparation of sectoral guidance for developing country governments and authorities on Low Carbon and Sustainable Transport for Urban and Freight Transport
- Support in preparation of proposals for supporting low carbon mobility plans in cities, particularly in Asia and Latin America
- Analysis of the transport actions proposed in Technology Action Plans (TAPs) emanating from the (Climate Change) Technology Needs Assessment (TNA) project, and Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), with a view to publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
The Postdoc is also expected to participate in general activities and discussions in the CED programme regarding research and strategic issues. Collaboration with other research groups in UDP, other parts of DTU, and other universities will be encouraged.
Seeking candidates with a PhD degree in economics or engineering, with particular experience of energy-systems and transport modelling.
In addition to the above, the following further qualifications will be considered in the assessment:
- Strong background and interest in sustainable transport, green city development and sustainable energy systems
- Experience in energy and transport policy analysis
- Experience in climate-change policy analysis
- A proven publications record
- A longer-term interest in pursuing a research career
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, the official language at UDP.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- Experience of working in developing countries
The Postdoc will be selected through a competitive process. Online applications will be screened against a set of criteria and a shortlist of candidates will be assessed in detail by a technical committee.
Terms of employment
UDP is part of the Department of Management Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark and staff are university employees. The place of work is the UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The successful candidate will be employed in a full-time position according to the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The period of employment will be two years.
Please submit your online application no later than 13 May 2016. Applications must be submitted as one PDF filecontaining all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diplomas (with official translation into English)
- List of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
For More Information: