Application Deadline: October 26th 2018
Egypt is the most populous country in the Middle East & North African region and has been considered as one of the hubs and entry points for businesses willing to expand to MENA region. Cairo in particular has been through a wave of entrepreneurship and innovation since 2011 bringing innovations to e-commerce, transportation, education, amongst others.
RiseUp Summit started in 2013 as a way of bringing all the different stakeholders contributing and supporting entrepreneurship in Egypt together to discuss ways of collaboration and support. Since then, RiseUp Summit has grown to be one of the biggest summits in the region in the sector of entrepreneurship and innovation bringing global expertise to Cairo.
If you are a company or a startup that has an interest in Egypt, Middle East & emerging markets, the Swedish Institute offers you the chance to attend RiseUp Summit 2018 including
- Event Tickets
- Travel: Return trip flight tickets to Cairo
- Accommodation: 4 hotel nights in Cairo
- Pre-departure meeting and post-conference meeting in Stockholm
If this is of interest to you, mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you/your specific company should go to RiseUp Summit highlighting the following:
- More about your company, what you do, how long you have been active etc.
- Are you present in other markets besides Sweden? If so, which?
- What does your internationalisation plan look like?
- Why do you think RiseUp Summit would be interesting for you?
- CV of the participant who will be traveling to Cairo.
In addition, we have the following requirements:
- A good command of English is a must
- The application may not be longer than 2 pages of A4 size (including CV)
- After your return home, write a brief report on how this visit has affected your internationalisation plan
- Startups or companies with a focus on contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals are encouraged to apply
- Before mailing your application to us, visit the website of the RiseUp Summit and make sure that you feel that it is actually interesting for you and it fits your overall business strategy!
- Draft a 2 page (including CV) document highlighting the elements that are mentioned above.
- The Swedish Institute will examine these and together with the Swedish Embassy in Cairo decided and notifie all applicants of its decision no later than 5 days after the application period ends. We will base our selection on experience in the relevant area, interest in the issues and the region, and the potential for long-term cooperation.
Please note! The final date of application is 26 October!
For More Information::