Call for Participants: 8th European Platform of Youth Centres – Dworp, Belgium.
Application Deadline: April 28th 2017
The European Platform of Youth Centres is organised annually and is a platform for exchange and knowledge sharing among the centres associating to the Council of Europe. It ensures networking amongst centres recognised with the Quality Label and those aspiring to its acquisition.
In 2017 Vormingscentrum Destelheide hosts the 8th Platform meeting from 27 to 29 June 2017.
Objectives of the Platform
- to familiarize and update the participants with the Council of Europe Quality Label for Youth Centres project;
- to update participants with the Council of Europe youth sector developments and associate the youth centres with the programmes of the institution;
- to exchange on management and educational practices in youth centres;
- to support networking and cooperation amongst participants;
- to further develop the Quality Label project.
Eligibility criteria, procedures and conditions to acquire the Quality Label
A detailed description of the eligibility criteria and the award process is available in the brochure
The Council of Europe Quality Label for Youth Centres.
General pre-conditions require that youth centres interested in the label must:
• have for their primary mission to serve the youth sector and young people;
• have a clear mandate from public authorities;
• have a structured relationship with public authorities;
• have relations with civil society as part of their policy;
• include multipliers among their primary target groups;
• have in-house educational staff working to support the activities;
• have accommodation facilities within one campus with the working facilities;
• operate on a strictly not for profit basis.
The Platform will bring together:
- managers and staff members of the youth centres awarded the Quality Label;
- managers and staff of youth centres currently in the process of acquiring the Quality Label or planning to initiate such process;
- managers and staff members of youth centres planning to apply the Quality Label standards without intending to acquire the Quality Label;
- decision-makers planning to establish a youth centre with Council of Europe philosophy and quality standards;
- representatives of national youth ministries who support a selected youth centre and who participate as a tandem;
- selected experts.
All participants should:
- be prepared and competent to present the structure and concept of the centre they are representing, and/or
- be in the position to place the plan for the establishment of a new centre in a youth policy framework
- be available for the full duration of the Platform meeting
- be resident in a state party to the European Cultural Convention;
- be able to work independently in English.
- Interested candidates, fulfilling the above profile, are requested to complete the application form at http://youthapplications.coe.int by 28 April 2017, 13:00 CET.
- Candidates will be informed on the results of selection by 15 May 2017.
- Selected participants will subsequently receive an official invitation letter and further information regarding the programme of the platform meeting.
- The Platform meeting will be held in English only. Please note that all official communication regarding the project will be done entirely in English.
- The Platform meeting will be held from 27 to 29 June 2017, at Vormingscentrum Destelheide, Dworp, Belgium.
- Participants are requested to participate for the entire duration of the meeting
and are asked to plan their arrival for 26 June and their departure for 29 June after 2pm.
- Accommodation in single rooms will be provided for the duration of the Platform meeting at the Vormingscentrum Destelheide in single rooms equipped with shower, with common toilet facilities.
- Board and lodging and group shuttle between Brussels National or Brussels Sud Charleroi airport and the youth centre on the 26th and 29th June will be arranged and covered by Vormingscentrum Destelheide and the Council of Europe.
- Participants are expected to cover their travel costs and other subsistence expenses.
For further information, please contact Peter Zelenka, programme assistant,
For technical assistance with the application form, please address: email@example.com.
For More Information: