Application Deadline: September 13th 2017 23:59 (CET)
This is the application form to propose an activity at the YO!fest 2018. The YO!fest is the European Youth Forum’s annual political youth festival. In 2018 it will take place at the European Youth Event in Strasbourg on 1-2 June, welcoming over 8000 young people.
‘YO!’ stands for Youth Opinion. And your role would be to ensure that youth voices are heard. We welcome applications for activities such as high-level political debates, smaller workshops, educational activities or cultural activities. The aim is to create a unique, fun and meaningful experience of participation and put youth issues at the forefront of the political debate, while highlighting the contribution that youth organisations make to society.
Activities will be hosted just outside the European Parliament, in the YO!Village – a vibrant, interactive and sustainable space for participants to meet, share and debate with each other as well as decision-makers. Some bigger activities can take place in the European Parliament itself. Activities will have to be scheduled and participants will have to register online in advance. Capacity can be between 10 people and 300 people.
The EYE2018 will be a unique advocacy and networking platform to:
– Bring a group of between 10 and 20 young people from your organisation to Strasbourg on 1-2 June 2018 to participation in the YO!fest – a subsidy will be provided for accommodation/travel of all participants that are EU citizens (see more details below).
– Reach out to thousands of politically engaged young people from across Europe and engage them in your organisation.
– Engage with decision-makers and contribute to setting the EU agenda.
– Showcase youth-related activities and meet other European or international organisations
Selection criteria: All participants in groups that are EU citizens and between 16 and 30 years of age by 01/6/2018 are eligible for a refund of travel expenses by the European Parliament. Though these are not yet confirmed, they are likely to be:
– Travel expense of up to 45¢ per kilometer.
– Accommodation expenses of €60 per night per participant.
– Meal expenses pf €40 per participant.
The requirements for being a partner are as follows:
– Represent a member organisation of the Youth Forum, or a member of a member organisation of the Youth Forum.
– Submit a detailed activity plan outlining the type of activity you would like to create (debate/workshop/educational or cultural activity), showing a credible activity plan, a partnership approach and a tangible outcome or legacy of the activity.
– Be available for the Preparatory meetings which will be held in Strasbourg on 6-8 October 2017 and early 2018.
– Preferable to have demonstrable experience of delivering activities on a similar theme, or at a similar scale.
Number of participants: 50
For More Information: