Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program 2018 (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: October 13, 2017.
The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program, or IDFP, is an opportunity for people interested in careers in international relief and development with a faith-based organization to experience our programs overseas.
Each year, CRS places approximately 20–30 fellows in our country programs. Assignments, of approximately 10 months, start in August. Specific job responsibilities vary from country to country, but usually include work in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, education, microfinance, or a combination of these. The goal of the IDFP is to place fellows in positions where they can draw on their previous education and work experience while broadening their skills. Most of our fellowships lead to permanent positions with CRS.
- Graduate degree from a U.S based or U.S accredited university
- Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic or Portuguese
- At least 6 months of work or volunteer experience in a developing country (or 5+ years living experience in a developing country)
- Ability to work respectfully and professionally in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong interest in a long term career working in a variety of developing countries
CRS provides IDFP participants with the following benefits:
- Great opportunities for professional growth and development overseas
- Stipend and furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country
- Extensive insurance coverage (medical, life, travel/accident, evacuation and personal household effects)
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave, and 12 paid holidays
- Language learning assistance
The IDFP application is open. CRS accepts applications on a rolling basis. However, we will prioritize review of applications received by October 13, 2017. Applications received after December 1, 2017 will be considered for the 2019–2020 cycle.
To be considered for the program, please complete the following 3 steps:
- Write your cover letter (500 word maximum). The cover letter should include the following:
- Why you want to join CRS’ Fellows program, and why you would be a good fit for the program
- A relevant experience that demonstrates your understanding of the overseas work environment
- Update your resume/CV to highlight relevant experience and qualifications.
- Apply to the position here:
For More Information: