Central Asia-Azerbaijan Fellowship Program Fall 2016 for Young Professionals
Application Deadline: Friday, April 29, 2016.
- Applicant must be between 25 and 40 years of age.
- Applicant must be a citizen of any of the following six countries: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan AND currently reside in one of the six countries.
- Background in government, policy, academia, human rights, or democracy.
- Academic candidates must possess a Master’s degree and have experience in policy-oriented activities. For non-academics an equivalent degree of professional achievement is expected.
- Applicant must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- CAAFP fellows will spend five months in residence at GW, where they will participate in tailor-made programs and be introduced to U.S. policy and expert communities in both Washington, DC and New York.
- Fellows are required to attend seminars, workshops and training sessions, to write one policy brief on a predetermined theme, and to present their research at two public seminars.
- Throughout their fellowship, fellows will be mentored by program faculty affiliates.
- Three Fellows will be selected for Fall 2016.
- Fellows will be awarded a monthly stipend of $3,000 (subject to taxes).
- Travel to and from Central Asia to Washington, DC, as well as visa and health insurance costs, will also be covered.
How to apply