Launching in the summer of 2018, “Young Women in Investment” is an initiative to create awareness about, instill interest in and enable women to view the investment management industry as a viable long-term career option.
The rapid growth of the investment industry in emerging markets like India, provides a good opportunity for women to pursue an invigorating and productive career in the industry. The initiative is also an attempt to empower young women, looking to start a career, better understand the current flexibility within the industry and to address traditional concerns such as that the finance industry disproportionately rewards those that work long and inflexible hours.
- Women only.
- Final year undergraduate students OR graduates in 2016 or later.
- Open to candidates pursuing ANY educational discipline (arts, sciences, commerce, engineering, etc.).
- Indian citizens ONLY.
The 2018 program, for 40 selected eligible women, includes:
1. Boot camp
- A four weeks intensive boot camp starting 21st May 2018.
- Includes free food and lodging for the duration of the boot camp.
- Mix of core finance and business skills related topics to be covered.
- Venue: In-residence program at IFIM Business School, 8 P & 9 P Kiadb Industrial Area, Electronics City Phase 1, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100, India.
- Each participant in the boot camp will be offered a paid internship (for a period of 3 to 6 months) at a reputed financial institution.
- Internship will pay a monthly stipend of Rs. 20,000; all other expenses such as food, stay, travel, etc. during the internship period would be the candidate’s responsibility.
- Financial institutions offering internships include State Street, Edelweiss, DSP BlackRock, Morningstar and Motilal Oswal.
- Internship across various cities in India.
- Internships are assigned, and candidates will not get to choose the firm or location.
- All participants who complete the boot camp and the internship will build lifelong relationships.
For More Information: