CFA Institute 2018 Young Women in Investment Bootcamp & Internship for young Indian women
Launching in the summer of 2018, “Young Women in Investment” is an initiative to create awareness about, instill interest in and enable women to view the investment management industry as a viable long-term career option.
The rapid growth of the investment industry in emerging markets like India, provides a good opportunity for women to pursue an invigorating and productive career in the industry. The initiative is also an attempt to empower young women, looking to start a career, better understand the current flexibility within the industry and to address traditional concerns such as that the finance industry disproportionately rewards those that work long and inflexible hours.
- Women only.
- Final year undergraduate students OR graduates in 2016 or later.
- Open to candidates pursuing ANY educational discipline (arts, sciences, commerce, engineering, etc.).
- Indian citizens ONLY.
The 2018 program, for 40 selected eligible women, includes:
1. Boot camp
- A four weeks intensive boot camp starting 21st May 2018.
- Includes free food and lodging for the duration of the boot camp.
- Mix of core finance and business skills related topics to be covered.
- Venue: In-residence program at IFIM Business School, 8 P & 9 P Kiadb Industrial Area, Electronics City Phase 1, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100, India.
- Each participant in the boot camp will be offered a paid internship (for a period of 3 to 6 months) at a reputed financial institution.
- Internship will pay a monthly stipend of Rs. 20,000; all other expenses such as food, stay, travel, etc. during the internship period would be the candidate’s responsibility.
- Financial institutions offering internships include State Street, Edelweiss, DSP BlackRock, Morningstar and Motilal Oswal.
- Internship across various cities in India.
- Internships are assigned, and candidates will not get to choose the firm or location.
- All participants who complete the boot camp and the internship will build lifelong relationships.
For More Information: