Application Deadline- 10th October 2018
The Chevening Financial Services Fellowship will commence its third successive fellowship in May 2019 for mid-career Indians in the finance sector. Ideal applicants may come from government or the private sector, are mid-career professionals displaying leadership potential, and have demonstrable experience in a relevant financial services discipline(s).
This fellowship is being funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Financial Services in the UK
The UK is the world’s largest exporter of financial services and has developed professional qualifications and educational infrastructure, particularly in niche areas such as risk management, actuarial sciences, investment management and financial regulation. The UK is eager to be India’s partner of choice as it seeks to scale up financial sector capabilities, particularly strengthening links between the UK and Mumbai and Delhi as key financial centres.
About the fellowship programme
The Chevening Financial Services Fellowship is a fully funded eight-week residential fellowship hosted by King’s College London.
The programme aims to:
- Build expertise in specialist skills such as risk management, actuarial sciences, investment management, and financial regulation which will increase the talent pool in the Indian market and provide a fillip to growth in the sector.
- Expose individuals to international financial markets and regulatory systems which will enhance openness and reduce resistance to change.
- Promote cross-border cooperation in financial regulation by developing mutual appreciation of regulatory systems and encourage sharing best practices.
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge and experience and to provide a platform to encourage cross-border engagement and networking amongst Chevening Award recipients from across the world.
- Foster long-lasting positive relationships between talented professionals in the financial sector in India and the UK.
On completion of the fellowship, it is anticipated that participants will return to their professional positions of influence and continue engagement with the UK to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in their field of work. The fellowship will offer fellows a high quality professional development opportunity which will provide specialist skills to encourage innovation and help improve industry capability in India. Fellows will also gain an appreciation of the value of cost-benefit analysis of financial regulation and leave with a positive impression of the UK.
The programme will commence in May 2019.
What does this fellowship include?
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India to the UK
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Chevening Financial Services Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least seven years’ relevant work experience prior to applying.
- Have an excellent academic background in the field of finance or considerable experience of working in such fields.
- Have a good working knowledge of English (to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor).
- A postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the programme.
Successful applicants may have the following backgrounds:
- Senior officials in the Ministry of Finance and associated entities
- Senior officials in financial regulators, including the RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA
- Academics who are influential or would be potentially influential in policymaking
- Professionals in think tanks contributing to policymaking
- Entrepreneurs, particularly in areas such as financial technology and asset management
How to apply?
Applications for this fellowship will be open from 6 August to 10 October 2018. If you are conditionally selected, please familiarise yourself with the placement timeline.
For More Information: