Application Deadline: November 7th 2017
The Chevening programme grants awards to outstanding individuals with leadership potential from around the world. A Chevening OCIS Fellowship Award offers financial support to individuals who are dedicated to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilisation of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies to undertake independent study and research at the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies.
The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and OCIS. The Chevening OCIS Fellowship is aimed at mid-career academics or professionals who are dedicated to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture and civilisation of Islam and contemporary Muslim societies.
The Chevening OCIS Fellowship includes:
- 6 month period of research at OCIS
- Monthly stipend for living expenses for the duration of the Fellowship
- Return economy airfare from their home country to the UK
- Allowance package for study related activities
How to apply
Applications for Chevening Fellowships can be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on this page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Fellowship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
- English language (if already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without the optional document and upload them to your application at a later date.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Chevening OCIS Fellowship Programme 2018/2019