Application Deadline: 19 October 2015.
The Chevening Rolls Royce Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship (CRISP) is aimed at mid-career professionals with very high potential in the fields of science, innovation and business from India and Sri Lanka.
The programme is funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Rolls Royce. Rolls Royce is a leading UK-based global company, providing integrated power solutions for customers in civil and defence aerospace, marine, energy and power markets.
The main academic strands of the CRISP programme include science, innovation, leadership and management, as well as wider issues including global challenges, politics, and international relations. The programme modules aim to:
- Develop an understanding of the UK science base and a range of innovation management processes
- Explore the interactions between research, innovation, and economic development
- Research and present a business plan based on individual interests and experience
- Visit a wide range of UK institutions, research institutes, and businesses and start building professional networks
- Take part in a varied cultural programme, and explore potential insights from the arts to the working environment
What does this fellowship include?
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the Fellowship
- Return economy flight from India or Sri Lanka to the UK
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Chevening CRISP Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India or Sri Lanka and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have least seven years’ work experience prior to applying.
- Have significant experience as:
- Executives of service companies, manufacturing businesses, or state-owned companies
- Entrepreneurs and individuals who serve and fund the entrepreneurial community
- Research scientists
- Academics and public sector employees
- Have a demonstrable commitment to innovation, and the experience and aptitude to contribute to the programme.
- Have an excellent academic background in science, engineering, or technology or considerable experience of working in such fields and good working knowledge of English (to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor)
- A postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the programme.
How to Apply:
Applicants for this Fellowship Award will need to submit their application via the Chevening online application system.
Prior to applying please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English.
- Valid passport
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Please note that only documents in PDF or JPG format can be uploaded and cannot be over 5MB in size.
For More Information: