To honour Christian Boulin’s contribution to the infrastructure of European life sciences and the relationships that he helped to bring about in his 38 years of service, EMBL launches the Christian Boulin Fellowships.
From January 2015, 10 to 15 awards of up to 1500 Euro each will be bestowed through the Christian Boulin Fellowship programme. The Fellowships will support travel and accommodation costs of young scientists visiting EMBL Core Facilities at the different EMBL sites, to learn and use the latest scientific techniques and thus advance their ambitious research projects.
This new initiative will also help to build bridges between industry and users of the multiple cutting-edge technologies available at the Laboratory, and is made possible thanks to generous support of EMBL’s Corporate Partnership Programme.
Christian Boulin Fellowships are open to applicants from all EMBL member states, associate and prospect member states.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted any time and will be assessed in a timely manner.
- Contact the relevant Core Facility or outstation (EMBL Grenoble or EMBL Hamburg) to apply for a visit and discuss the feasibility of the project.
- In case of positive evaluation, submit the following to email@example.com:
- Supporting statement from head of Facility, confirming feasibility and access
- Up to 1000-word overview of your project – including a brief explanatory statement demonstrating financial need and detailing provisional costs (travel and accommodation only, excluding salary, special consumables, etc)
- Short CV
- Supporting statement from supervisor at your home institution
- Please indicate the planned duration of your visit
For More Information: