Cleveland & Co is a specialist, forward thinking, all seasons boutique law firm that provides expert advice and training in relation to financial services, investment management and commercial contracts to an impressive global client base.
As a firm authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (“SRA”), we are looking to recruit talented legal trainees, who can grow within the firm and take part in shaping its future.
Here are some of the qualities we look for in our team members:
– positive attitude;
– someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about what they do, wants to
learn and enjoys it;
– someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and produce high quality
– team player;
– internet and computer savvy;
– results focused;
– super organised and detail oriented;
– self reliant, self motivated and capable of working with minimal direction;
– a happy person who is good with people and networking; and
– someone with a passion to make a real difference.
Trainee lawyers who have completed the LPC or are happy to do it part-time while working, with the qualities listed above, an investment management background, at least 2 years’ in-house experience and a good working knowledge of at least three
of the following:
– investment management agreements;
– distribution agreements;
– custody agreements;
– administration agreements;
– trading documentation;
– UCITS funds and AIFs;
– private equity funds;
– hedge funds; and
– real estate funds.
Professional Skills Courses
In addition to the period of recognised training, you are also required to attend a number of professional skills courses, before you are deemed eligible to qualify as a solicitor in England & Wales. We offer trainees the opportunity to attend the professional skills courses (if they have not attended them already).
To date, we have used Kaplan as the provider for both the litigation programme and the professional skills courses and both courses (where required) will be paid for by us.
If you are carrying out the LPC part-time during your time as a trainee, you can take the day of your exam as paid study leave and we will offer an additional 1/2 day of paid study leave for revision per exam.
In everything you do from this point on, you will receive mentoring from senior experienced investment management lawyers, bi-weekly one to one meetings with your supervisor, and be part of a collaborative team environment.
– “Winning Work” profit share;
– Ride to Work Scheme;
– External mentoring sessions;
– 25 days holiday;
– Annual away day;
– Regular social events;
For More Information: