Code for Canada Fellowship 2017 for Digital Professionals ( $75,000 per year Salary)
Application Deadline: June 20, 2017.
The Code for Canada Fellowship supports digital professionals for ten month placements with hosting government teams. We match developers, designers, and product managers with government teams to rapidly deploy technology that is easy to use, grounded in user research, and refined through iterative prototyping.
Over the course of the project, fellows immerse themselves in the project, researching user needs, meeting with stakeholders, proposing solutions, and collaborating with the government to build technology using an iterative approach, centered around the needs of users.
- For the pilot cohort beginning in 2017, one team of fellows will be based in Toronto working with Ontario’s Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD).
- We are working on lining up fellowship teams in other cities across Canada, including Ottawa, Edmonton, Regina/Saskatoon, and Fredericton.
- Fellows spend four days a week inside government, and one day working offsite.
- Fellowship teams will work closely with project owners inside the hosting ministry, as well as project champions in the Ontario Digital Service.
- Fellows will have the ongoing support of Code for Canada staff, and their work will be featured in regular open houses and showcases.
Why become a fellow?
Being a Code for Canada fellow is a big job–and highly rewarding. Here’s what a successful applicant will look forward to:
- Work that matters: Use your skills to make a significant impact on people’s lives. We work closely with our government partners to identify projects that will enable you to make your mark.
- Connections and leadership: As part of Code for Canada’s pilot cohort, you will be at the leading edge of learning and showing what’s possible. You’ll make connections with leaders in the civic tech sector in Canada, and will play a part in shaping the Code for Canada Fellowship program into the future.
- Professional development: You will develop lasting relationships and learn new skills in a creative and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Exercise creativity: Working in small teams with your government partners, you will decide what you build and how you build it based on user research.
- A labour of love: You’ll accomplish a lot while working with other passionate people.
Who are we lo
- This is a 10-month, full-time fellowship starting in October 2017.
- Fellows earn a salary equivalent to $75,000 per year.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the fellowship.
The application process
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until June 20, 2017.
- Applicants will be assessed throughout the summer through a series of technical assessments and interviews.
- Successful applicants will receive offer letters in August.
For More Information: