Communications Internship at CTA at Wageningen, Netherlands 2018 (Paid)
Application Deadline- June 8, 2018
CTA is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented intern to support with a wide spectrum of communications activities.
Do you love writing and are you able to craft messages to different audiences? Do you like to tell a story, and are you interested in the broader aspects of communications? Are you able to do research, to find relevant data and do fact-checking?
If you can answer yes to these questions, CTA can offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in communications. As part of our communication team, you will be actively engaged in supporting CTA’s communications across platforms. You will draft different kinds of content, help preparing presentations and monitor how our communications work.
You will work particularly close with the one or two other interns in the department, to ensure coordination of content, visuals and social media. You will also interact with other CTA staff to get input on their fields of work and ensure that we got everything right.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp – and the European Union Member States). Only applications from nationals of these countries will be considered.
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
Degree of higher education in graphic journalism, communications, public relations or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent research skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Full professional proficiency of English or French (both written and oral) and a knowledge of the other language;
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship Communications’.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format,highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position.
- Writing examples, either as PDF of max 5 pages or a URL to your portfolio. Please submit a portfolio of work samples via PDF or provide a link to preview the portfolio with your application.
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- A letter of recommendation and/or references.
For More Information: