Deutsche Telekom Competition 2017 for Privacy Bots (10,000 Euros)
Application Deadline: April 30th 2017
- Consumers should have the freedom to choose the level of data privacy they desire
- Wanted: concepts for the technical implementation of a privacy bot
- The application should demonstrate that digitization can enhance data privacy
Is data privacy falling by the wayside in the rush to digitize? Deutsche Telekom is launching a competition to prove that this does not have to be the case. The competition starts tomorrow, on the European Data Protection Day. Deutsche Telekom is looking for concepts for the technical implementation of a privacy bot, i.e., a smart, digital data-privacy helper, and the winner of the competition will receive 10,000 euros.
The purpose of the privacy bot is to scan the data privacy provisions of Internet services and compare them with the user’s predefined requirements. This is intended to make it easier for consumers to make use of existing data privacy options. The bot will not be restricted to individual providers such as Facebook, Amazon or travel portals, but it must be possible to use it for all web services.
The competition runs until April 30, 2017.
The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges comprising data privacy and innovation experts from Deutsche Telekom and members of the Company’s Data Privacy Advisory Council.
- The competition is open to everyone.
- Concepts may be submitted in either English or German to email@example.com.
- The runner-up will receive 2,500 euros, and the second runner-up 1,000 euros.
- The rights for the concepts will remain with the developers.
For More Information: