Teach For Malaysia Fellowship: 2019 Cohort
Application Deadline- June 6, 2018
The Fellowship is an intensive, full-time, fully-paid, two-year leadership development programme where Fellows go through rigorous training to be equipped with the right skills, experience and mindset to drive our mission. During this time, Fellows will confront and tackle a host of challenges, learn to adapt their plans in order to achieve their goals, engage with different stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
The Fellowship is an award-winning Leadership Development Programme. Gain professional training and support while youexpand opportunities for students in the highest-need schools.
Your journey starts with two months of intensive residential training that prepares you to be a leader in the classroom. You’ll teach for two years in a high-need school. As a full-time teacher, you’ll work in collaboration with other teachers and community leaders to improve students’ educational outcomes.
During the Fellowship, you will study towards a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) which qualifies you to continue your career in teaching after the two years. Fellows are expected to lead an initiative to solve a problem they identify in their community.
- Be a Malaysian citizen
- Be aged 32 years or younger
- Possess a minimum grade of credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any non-education discipline
- Not possess an Education Qualification to teach in public schools
- Have a strong academic track record (Minimum CGPA of 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper or equivalent)
- Have strong written and verbal English communication skills
For More Information: