Application Deadline: April 8th 2018
Founded in 2015, the ECL Youth Ambassadors for the European Code against Cancer brings together highly motivated young people from more than 20 different countries across Europe. Youth Ambassadors are students and young professionals drawn from many disciplines including medicine, public health, law, and political sciences. They all share a deep conviction that cancer can be defeated by following the 12 messages of the European Code against Cancer. Through different events and initiatives, Youth Ambassadors make creative and enterprising actions to promote cancer prevention.
The Youth Ambassadors group meets every year for an annual workshop to share experiences and develop common actions. The Youth Ambassadors for the ECAC group receives secretarial support from the Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), a Brussels‐based non‐profit organisation who represents national cancer leagues across Europe.
- to harness the networks of each youth ambassador to disseminate the recommendations of the European Code Against Cancer;
- to understand, from young people themselves, what works and what doesn’t work when communicating cancer prevention messages;
- to offer training and support for youth ambassadors to enable them to develop their health advocacy skills;
- encourage the sharing of knowledge and experience between youth ambassadors.
- Open to those aged 18-35 (at the time of application) and residing in the WHO European Region except Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Georgia, Ireland, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, UK, Ukraine.
- engage in at least one activity during the year to promote the European Code Against Cancer and provide feedback on the activity to the ECL secretariat;
- commit to attending the annual workshop, which is held in June or July each year; Ambassadors will be encouraged to share ideas and experiences between other Youth Ambassadors and ECL- an exchange of information is facilitated through regular teleconferences as well as Youth Ambassador Facebook group and e-mail correspondence.
For More Information: