Education New Zealand Journalism Fellowship 2018 for US students
Application Deadline: 15 Apr 2018 9:00 AM(NZST Time Zone)
The Education New Zealand Journalism Fellowship is a competitive scholarship aimed at talented US students or recent graduates with an interest in international education and global citizenship. Education New Zealand is offering three students or recent graduates the opportunity to travel to New Zealand this June.
Education New Zealand will work with recipients to structure a programme of interviews and visits that most interest you, and can help suggest potential story ideas and angles and interviewees.
- Students currently enrolled in US institutions or recent graduates working for media outlets.
- Applicants who are not working for publications should either be enrolled in a journalism programme and/or write for media outlets.
- Successful applicants must be available to travel to New Zealand for a week in June, 2018.
- Education New Zealand will cover the cost of return economy class flights from the US, internal travel within New Zealand, shared meals and accommodation.
- Recipients will also have the opportunity to experience some uniquely New Zealand cultural and environmental visits.
Students will be expected to produce at least two news stories or one feature article, to be published in the US.
The student who is most successful in placing their stories will also be awarded the prestigious Top Education New Zealand Journalism Scholar award, and US$500.
For more information please email: Lucy.Johnston@enz.govt.nz
For More Information: