Application Deadline: July 10th 2018
The European Aviation Safety Agency offers opportunities in all areas of the organisation both for:
- Recent graduates (EASA Graduate Traineeship Programme – GTP) and
- University students (EASA Study Placement Scheme – SPS).
These opportunities aim to give an understanding of the Agency and its role within the activities of the European Union.
Participants to the EASA GTP and EASA SPS will have the opportunity to receive professional work experience in a distinctly multinational and intellectually stimulating environment, while contributing to the Agency’s mission of promoting the highest common standards of safety and environmental protection in civil aviation in Europe and worldwide.
Applicants for both opportunities must be nationals of one of the EASA Member States or of a country with observer status in the EASA Management Board (more info). In exceptional cases and when in the interest of the service, nationals of other third countries may be considered.
Successful candidates will usually have a background that is relevant to the activities of the Agency.
Typical examples include:
- Civil aviation, Aeronautics, Engineering;
- Qualified lawyers with an interest in aviation regulatory affairs;
- Qualified candidates with an interest in Human Resources, Finance, Project management, Information technologies, Communications, Public Relations and International Relations.
EASA Graduate Traineeship Programme (GTP)
Who can apply
The EASA Graduate Traineeship Programme (GTP) is open to applicants who have obtained – in the timeframe indicated in the traineeship notice – a University degree diploma in a discipline relevant to the advertised profile of their interest.
More information on the requirements are published in the traineeship notice.
12 months. The planned start date will be published in the traineeship notice.
The Agency pays a monthly grant plus a travel allowance for travel expenses incurred at the beginning and end of the traineeship. More information are available on the related traineeship rules. The amount of the grant will be published in the traineeship notice.
How to apply
The Graduate Traineeship Programme (GTP) 2018 is now open! Please check the eRecruitment page to consult the available profiles.
EASA Study Placement Scheme (SPS)
Who can apply
The EASA Study Placement Scheme (SPS) is mainly addressed to students who need to complete an internship as part of compulsory course at University or equivalent institution or need to write a final thesis.
EASA offers only a limited number of unpaid study placements based on internal needs and availability of resources. Due to the high number of applications, not all requests can be accommodated.
Please note, all expenses incurred during the study placement are to be covered by the student. No financial support is granted by the Agency.
From 6 weeks to 6 months, with a flexible start date proposed by the student and agreed with the Agency.
How to apply
For Study Placements, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Application for unpaid study placement – Your surname – References of the Departments of your preference” and attach the following documents:
- Application form for the EASA Study Placement Scheme – SPS (you can find it in our Download section), completed, dated and signed.
- An official proof that you are required by your University to complete a mandatory internship or to write a final thesis.
- Your updated CV.
- A motivation letter briefly explaining why you are applying for a study placement and the reasons why you have given priority to the Department/s of your choice.
NOTE: if you don’t submit the complete set of documents as indicated above, your application will be automatically excluded and not taken into consideration. In this case, no further communication from the Agency will follow.
For More Information: