Application Deadline Extended: July 31st, 2016
The European Youth Award is a pan-European competition among socially committed and creative entrepreneurs, start-ups, designers, producers, application developers, journalists, writers, students… under the age of 33 who use Internet and Mobile technology to create social impact.
- The project, product or application entering the contest must be mainly initiated and executed by young people under the age of 33 (born on or after January 1, 1983) from one of the member states of the Council of Europe, Belarus or Kosovo.
(Eligible countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Belarus, Kosovo).
- Registrants to the contest must hold intellectual property rights to the work submitted and be legal originator of the creative project, product or application. They also must have the rights to use the music, sound or audio components used in their project.
- The submitted project, product or application must be fully functional and operational at the time of submission and must be accessible via Internet whether it is designed for fixed line, broadband or mobile use. This means that projects have to be (at least) in the prototype or beta-version stage.
- Submissions must be made in one of the seven categories of the EYA:
1. Healthy Life
2. Smart Learning
3. Connecting Cultures
4. Go Green
5. Active Citizenship
6. Money Matters
7. Open Innovation
- The submitted project, product or application must be completed after January 1, 2015. For projects or products completed earlier submitters have to document that significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- Projects, products or applications which have been submitted in the EYA contest in previous years cannot be submitted again. For projects which have been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions.
- The submitted project, product or application must be free of offensive or plagiarized content and may not violate human rights as laid out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and its application by international human rights courts or panels recognized by the United Nations Organization.
Winners and EYA Festival
- The European Youth Award honors up to 3 winners (persons or teams) per category whose projects, products or applications have been chosen by the jury as the best in the category.
If no projects, products or applications obtain the necessary minimum points in one category, no winner will be honored.
- The jury process and evaluation criteria are published on the website and are subject to change without notice.
- One producer or representative of the winning project has to accept the invitation to the EYA Festival (Winners Event), present the project, product or application there and receive the award personally. If none of the producers can accept the award personally and they are not able to send a representative, they cannot become EYA Winner. Travel costs will be covered with a lump sum. Accommodation will be provided.
For More Information: