European Youth Forum 2017 Google Fellowship for Young People (1.626,98€ gross/month)
Application Deadline: July 30th 2017
The European Youth Forum is the leading organisation advocating for the rights of young people. EYF are a platform of youth organisations, independent, democratic and youth-led, eyf represent 104 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
Your fellowship at European Youth Forum
The European Youth Forum and Google Brussels office are partnering for an exciting new project on the future of digital policy with young people. The aim is to bring together the tech industry and youth organisations in Europe, to discuss and make policy recommendations on the future of the digital and its impact on society. You will be a key driver of that process – through research, organisation and participation in the meetings, as well as contributing to the resulting report.
Your time at European Youth Forum will be dedicated to exploring a number of specific themes relating to the impact of digitalisation on society and young people in particular, including on politics, the media, work, education, etc.
During the fellowship, you will spend time working on:
● research and analysis on youth, young people’s issues and their intersect with internet and technology
● drafting and preparation of both internal and external briefing documents and materials
● assisting in the organisation of workshops and trainings, monitoring of daily news sources of relevance
● performing other duties as assigned.
● A higher education degree in social science, law, political science, international or EU affairs or other relevant field is desirable but can be compensated by relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience.
● Activism and social engagement – of any kind – is a strong plus.
● A passion for youth issues and digital policy. EYF want to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds so previous experience in our specific field is not a requirement.
● Quick learner with strong ability to develop knowledge on new concepts and adapt to new processes.
● An open and avid communicator and a strong team player.
● EYF office is multilingual, but à good knowledge of English is necessary.
● Willingness to live in Belgium.
● Ability to formulate analyse documents and monitor processes.
● Excellent writing skills in English.
● Ability to research, collate, analyse and summarise information.
● Ability to manage effectively your own time, activities and budget.
● Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment.
● Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
● A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
● Computer literacy: good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications.
• As part of the partnership with Google, you will have access to interesting training opportunities offered by the Google Brussels Office.
• 6 months fellowship with a compensation of 1.626,98€ gross/month paid under the European Youth Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• An fellowship regulated under the conditions of the Belgium internship contract “Convention d’immersion professionnelle” and in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships
• Coverage of 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region.
How to apply
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the “private area” and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions.
4. Upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held in August. The successful candidate will be expected to start in September.
For More Information: