Application Deadline: May 15th 2016
FYEG are looking for an intern to support FYEG and the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament in their work. The internship is full time, but the working hours are flexible and the position is based in Brussels.
FYEG is a dynamic, inclusive organisation that unites young Green activists, Green youth movements and political organisations from all over Europe. It advocates and campaigns for political change and serves as a platform for exchange of ideas and knowledge. It is an influential lobby group in the European Union with perspectives stretching beyond Europe.
FYEG are looking for an intern that has following background and skills:
– Student with health insurance
– A good knowledge of English language (both written and oral) is necessary
– Other languages (especially Dutch or French) are an advantage
– Civil society involvement, strong commitment to Green values and good experience of grassroots activism
– Involvement or membership in Green Party or Green Youth organisation is an advantage
– General knowledge of European politics and strong interest in Green politics
– Good writing and computer skills
– Good organizational skills
– Project management knowledge and experience is an advantage
– Able to work independently, showing initiative and be able to work under pressure
– Creative skills and out-of-the-box thinking is strongly appreciated
The work will consist of assisting the Executive Committee and the FYEG office in implementation of the activity plan. The intern will be expected to have interest in global issues and support the work of the Global Young Greens, preparing the Congres to happen in UK in April 2017. It will also involve working on FYEG communication and assisting the Greens/EFA group in daily tasks of its political work. In particular, the intern will work together with political advisors and strategists in the group in different areas according to expertise and background.
This full-time internship is foreseen for a period of 6 months from mid-September 2016 to mid-March 2017 (exact dates to be negotiated).
The intern will receive a monthly allowance of 600 EUR, and can, if the person is not based in Brussels before taking up the internship, additionally ask for support for accommodation that cannot be more than 400 EUR/month.
Non-males are especially encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this internship, please send your CV and a cover letter (explaining your motivation and interest in applying for the position) on or before Sunday 15th of May 2016 by email to FYEG office firstname.lastname@example.org and FYEG Spokesperson Laura Carlier email@example.com with the e-mail subject “Intern application / name.”
For More Information: