FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence Fellowship 2018 for early to mid-career European neuroscientists.
Application Deadline: May 10th 2018 (23.00 o’clock, Brussels time)
The FENS-Kavli Network of Excellence is a prestigious network of 30 outstanding early to mid-career European neuroscientists.
The Network was established in 2014 through a collaboration by the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) and the Kavli Foundation. The multidisciplinary, international Network of FENS-Kavli Scholars is self-organised and aims to improve Neuroscience in Europe and beyond through scientific exchange, providing opportunities for young scientists, and facilitating dialogue between scientists, policy-makers, and society. FKNE Scholars participate in ~ 2 meetings per year that allow for lively discussion of a range of topics across Neuroscience as well as challenges and opportunities for European neuroscientists.
- Neuroscientists at early and mid-career stages with successful and independent research lines – as evidenced by outstanding publications as main authors and/or prestigious personal prizes, fellowships, or grants;
- – Neuroscientists who typically completed their PhD work 4-12 years ago (though there is no strict timing rule);
- – Neuroscientists with strong leadership and communication skills who are motivated to actively participate in Network activities;
- – To allow optimal group dynamics, a good spread over disciplines, geography and gender will be strived for.
- will be selected based on the above criteria;
- will actively serve two terms, each of 2 years’ duration (i.e.: 2018-2022).
- Only candidates who have independent PI positions in a FENS member country are eligible;
- Candidates are encouraged to apply directly;
- Additionally, each FENS member society may nominate up to two candidates. These do not have to be members of the nominating society. Gender balance is encouraged;
- In all cases, the application should be supported by two letters from internationally renowned neuroscientists;
- All applications and nominations should be submitted via the online application form.
For More Information: