- Are you an early-stage business with an innovative idea?
- An established company with a fresh take on financial services? Or an IT entrepreneur with industry-changing IP?
- The FinTech Innovation Lab Asia- Pacific has been developed to help you refine and test your proposition with the support of the world’s leading financial firms.
This 12-week mentorship program brings together young FinTech companies with senior executives from leading financial institutions across Asia. Now in its third year, this year’s program has been expanded to include more of Asia’s Financial Institutions across banking, insurance and capital markets.
The seven companies selected will move to Hong Kong and attend the 12-week mentoring program to help them develop and commercialize their innovations and connect with potential customers at top institutions.
The Lab is open to all Fintechs – the following are of particular interest to banks and insurers
- Big-data analytics and predictive modeling
- Reg tech/KYC and AML
- Risk management and Robo advisors
- Cyber Security
- Social media and collaboration
- Infrastructure and operational technologies (hosting, data bases, storage, networking, IT management)
- Alternative currencies
The Lab’s selection committee is especially interested in products, tools and applications that:
- Support real-time manipulation of large volumes of complex transactional data
- Identify and address security concerns related to mobile or wireless device use
- Monitor risk in real time to support regulatory compliance and rapid response to threats
- Enable secure database outsourcing to cloud environments
- Facilitate efficient application programming interface (API) management
- Analyse social media to support customer relationship management and regulatory compliance
Are you eligible to participate?
The FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific is open to all companies, regardless of size, provided you can tick the following boxes:
- You’re not already an established or well-known technology business in financial services
- You have a minimum alpha or beta product to demonstrate and are prepared to share access to program partners under NDA (and where reasonable, for no additional cost)
- Your senior team can commit to being based in Hong Kong throughout the 12-week program
- You can show that access to senior-level executives in the financial services firms will have a meaningful impact on your growth prospects
- You can arrange work permits or visas if your employees are based outside Hong Kong
- Mentoring from the industry’s leading firms and senior financial services executives.
- Insider knowledge and direct feedback from your target user groups.
- Strategy development and pitch coaching from senior Accenture executives.
- Workshops and panel discussions on topics such as procurement, regulation and industry trends.
- PR opportunities to raise your profile.
- A workspace in Hong Kong Cyberport for three employees throughout the program.
- Special accommodation rates offered by J Plus Hotel
18 April – Applications open
31 May – Applications close
During the selection
13-14 July, attend an in-person or video-conference interview to pitch your idea to the CTOs/CIOs of participating financial institutions (video-conference locations to be advised)
During the program
To get the most out of the experience, your core management team will need to be fully involved in the 12-week program.
We understand that in special circumstances this may not be possible and there’s some flexibility however, this must be disclosed at interview day. As an absolute minimum, your core management team will need to attend the following:
- 22 August, 2016: FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific Welcome drinks and networking event
- 29 August to 13 September, 2016: to attend initial introductions to participating financial institutions, Speed dating sessions services firms and program planning
- 24-25 October, 2016: FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific Investor Day Assessment Final Review Day
- 9 November, 2016: The FinTech Innovation Lab Asia-Pacific Investor Day
For More Information: