Application Deadline- September 7, 2018
The FMI Foundation is sponsoring scholarships to students currently enrolled in food and agricultural science majors who have a true interest in the field of accredited food safety auditing. These scholarships are extremely competitive and are based primarily on academic ability; leadership potential; motivation and initiative; along with a passion for the food industry and the auditing profession. We want our scholarship recipients to succeed in accomplishing their goal of working in the field of accredited food safety auditing.
Student applicants must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate) in an accredited U.S., Canada or Mexico college or university.
- Have completed at least two years of college to apply.
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.2.
- Be able to attend and participate in the SQF International Conference, October 23 -25, 2018 in Atlanta, GA (conference registration, hotel, meals and round-trip coach airfare will be provided).
- Be willing to accept an internship with a Certification Body (third-party auditing firm) should the opportunity become available.
- Students having completed an internship in a food or agriculture science degree program preferred.
- Previous FMI Foundation Student Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply; however, previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
- Family members of the FMI Foundation Board of Directors or Officers are ineligible.
Student applicants must submit:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter explaining the student’s interest and career goals in accredited food safety auditing that provides specific examples that demonstrate why they are deserving of this scholarship.
- A letter or transcript from the school verifying the student meets the minimum 3.2 Grade Point Average requirement with no individual grade less than a “C-“. An official transcript is not required.
- Two (2) Recommendation letters (see more information below).
Include two (2) recommendation letters along with your completed application. All recommendation letters must be written specifically for this scholarship. A maximum of two (2) letters of recommendation will be accepted on your behalf. Letters from your faculty advisor and a course instructor in your major field of study are highly recommended. Letters must be uploaded by applicant at the time the application is submitted.
For More Information: