Application Deadline: August 31st 2018
Supporting Women, Vulnerable and Rural Communities
October 22-26, 2018
In recognition that science and innovation can enable sustainable, inclusive economic growth across the Asia-Pacific region, the U.S. State Department Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Initiative in collaboration with the Australian Government and Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) are delighted to announce a program to support and train teams of science and technology entrepreneurs from APEC economies; especially those entrepreneurs that support women and/or vulnerable communities.
For this regional GIST Startup Training, there will be a specific focus on teams that:
- support women-ownership in business;
- invest in women or vulnerable communities, such as first peoples, indigenous peoples, or those from rural communities;
- use inclusive company growth strategies that engage women or vulnerable communities; or innovations that address the needs of women or vulnerable communities.
In addition, only teams from APEC Economies are eligible to apply.
This event will be held in Brisbane, Australia as part of the APEC Chief Science Advisors and Equivalents official side events.
The startup training will provide entrepreneurs with the skills they need to further support their leap into entrepreneurship and grow their businesses. To learn these skills, selected science and technology entrepreneurs will spend four days in extensive training to help improve their business ideas, perfect their pitch, and showcase their innovations during a Demo Day with business leaders, policymakers, academics, and Chief Science Advisors and equivalents from the APEC region.
Some travel support is available; you are encouraged to apply even if you cannot self-fund travel.
How to Apply
2. If you created an account for this application, you must first wait for a confirmation email which has been sent to you. Follow the instructions in that email before you proceed to the application.
3. Once you are logged in, proceed to the GIST APEC Startup Training application by clicking on the “APPLY NOW” button below.
4. Please fill out every section of the form, before submitting your application. Each team may only submit one application. We will not accept multiple applications from the same team.
5. If you choose to make changes to your application, you can access it from the dashboard on your GIST Network profile. You are allowed to makes changes to your submission until the application deadline.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 P.M. EDT on Friday, August 31, 2018.
For More Information: