Application Deadline:11:59 P.M. EDT ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2018.
The U.S. Department of State’s Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Initiative is pleased to announce a Startup Training program for science and technology entrepreneurs from Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. This program, presented with implementation partner VentureWell and in-country partner C.A.T. Science Accelerator, is designed to empower these young innovators through on-the-ground training and mentoring to build and grow their startups.
Participants will spend four days honing their business ideas, perfecting their pitches, and showcasing their innovations during a Demo Day in front of business leaders, investors, and policymakers from around the region. These entrepreneurs will come away from the program with the skills and tools to develop their business models and grow their ventures.
For this in-country GIST Regional Startup Training, there will be a specific focus on teams that meet the following requirements:
- Only teams from Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan or Kyrgyzstan are eligible to apply;
- Only two members are allowed for each team;
- Both team members must be between the ages of 18 – 40;
- The startup or idea must have a focus on science and technology.
ou will also need the following information and documents to apply:
- Basic information about your startup – including customer base and goals;
- Basic information about your startup’s funding;
- Your past program participation, whether it was with GIST or another organization;
- Passport information for you and your team members.
How to Apply
1. Log in to your GIST Network account. If you do not have a GIST Network account, you can create one by following this link.
2. If you created a GIST Network account for this application, you must first wait for a confirmation email which has been sent to you. Follow the instruction in that email before you proceed to the application.
3. Once you are logged in, proceed to the GIST Startup Training application by clicking on the “APPLY NOW” button below.
4. Please fill out every section of the form, before submitting your application. This application will take between 10 and 15 minutes to completed. Each team may only submit one application. We will not accept multiple application from the same team.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 P.M. EDT ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2018.
Note: Participants from out of the area will receive support to travel to this startup training.
If you have specific questions about your eligibility, or about your application submission, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: