Application Deadline: February 10th 2019
To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Conference and Travel Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients:
- Free conference registration
- North America: Up to 1,000 USD reimbursement to retroactively be used toward airfare and accommodation costs (will be awarded after the conference)
- Europe : Up to 1,000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs (will be paid after the conference)
- India : An award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and other related expenses.
- Africa : An award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and related expenses. Scholarship amount depends on cost for the international conference.
- Japan & South Korea : Up to 3,000 USD towards air tickets and lodging cost (will be paid after the conference). Scholarship amount depends on cost for the international conference.
Scholarships are available in North America for all traditionally underrepresented groups in technology and business (including, but not limited to: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, persons with disabilities, women and veterans).
In order to apply for the North America Google Conference & Travel Scholarship, you must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a strong academic and/or professional background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Be able to attend the core day(s) of one of the conferences
- Persons who are (1) residents of North America and US Territories, (2) studying or working in North America, or (3) will be in North America at the time of the conference
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
Please click the hyperlinked conference name above to apply. Applications will close 5:00pm Eastern time on the day of deadline.
Recipients will be notified by e-mail approximately 8 – 10 weeks prior to the date of the conference. If you are selected, we will contact you with conference registration details and information about how you will receive your $500 post-conference reimbursement.
For any questions about North America scholarships, please reach out to email@example.com
For More Information: