Google UK Digital Marketing Apprentice Program 2018 for aspiring digital marketers
Application Deadline- 29th April 2018.
As a Digital Marketing Apprentice at Google, you will be part of the first cohort of a new program launched this year that aims to provide the skills you need to become a Digital Marketer.
You will join the Sales/Marketing teams at Google and will be assigned a manager for the duration of your 15-18 month apprenticeship. You will start in October 2018 with our academic partner WhiteHat, for initial training. After completing your initial training, you’ll rotate between being onsite at Google and training at WhiteHat for further training and experience, during your apprenticeship. While onsite, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers to solve real life problems while developing and learning from world-class digital marketing leaders.
As an Apprentice within the Sales/Marketing teams, you will help define, design, build and implement campaigns across a variety of platforms. Be it supporting the complete marketing experience of a product, shaping its voice and growing a loyal consumer base, or designing, building and executing digital marketing campaigns for the biggest brand marketers in the world, you will get exposure to different Google products, including consumer (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) and business products (AdWords, AdSense, Google Analytics). You will also leverage the power of Google data to help companies solve their business challenges. You will do this in collaboration with a cross functional team, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, PR, Policy and more.
Google will equip you with everything you need to know to help our customers on their digital journey. You will receive specialized training on basic marketing principles, the fundamentals of search marketing, pay-per-click, and more. You will develop further skills through hands-on experience in research & web analytics, and will be in a position to recommend and apply technological solutions to achieve marketing objectives.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into our unique enterprise and corporate culture.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Analyze and evaluate organizations’ digital strategies and actions for some of the world’s biggest brands.
- Use quantitative methods, models and research to help Google better understand consumer and advertiser behavior to provide important feedback for product and clients’ digital strategies.
- Support execution of Go-to-Market strategies and coordination for new product launches and programs (e.g. positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis and feature prioritization).
- Support insight gathering to better serve our users (e.g. via focus groups, working with a research agency to develop and test hypotheses, etc.)
- Manage social media campaigns, and develop ideas to better engage our users.
- Five GCSEs at grade ‘A* – C’ or ‘9 – 4’, (including English and Mathematics), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Mathematics/relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Predicted B grade at A-Level or equivalent qualification in one or more subjects.
- Have authorization to work in the United Kingdom.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies, demonstrated through personal projects and commitment to learning new skills.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, pro-active, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
For More Information: