Application Deadline: 20th July 2017.
The Government of Malta announces the fourth call for applications for Palestinian students wishing to pursue post-graduate studies at the University of Malta. The Scholarships are designed to facilitate the formation of young Palestinian professionals in two key areas which have become increasingly recognised ascritical pillars for the creation of a more sustainable future for Palestine, namely humanitarian action, and cultural heritage. Malta is an ideal meeting point for the realization of this goal, not only because of the relevant expertise it offers
in these two sectors, but also because of the strong historic and cultural ties it enjoys with the Arab world as well as with Europe.
- The specialised formation of young and promising Palestinian citizens is an important pillar for the ongoing capacity-building efforts in Palestine. Two of the emerging sectors where more young professionals are needed on the ground are humanitarian action, and the conservation and management of cultural heritage.
- An investment in the specialised formation of professionals in these two sectors is an investment in the future of Palestine, with a better and more sustainable quality of life for its citizens.
The scholarship will cover
- Payment of the University of Malta Tuition Fees and/or Enrolment fee.
- Health Insurance to cover a premium up to a maximum of EUR 500 per year. Students will be guided on this and other arrangements upon arrival.
- Reimbursement for the obligatory Health
- Test to be carried out in Malta as required for the processing of the Residence Permit. (Information about the health test that will be carried out upon arrival in Malta is available at: http://www.um.edu.mt/international/international/healthtests)
- A monthly subsistence allowance amounting to EUR 1000 per month to be used towards accommodation, living, transport and academic expenses and any other expenses that may arise.
- The monthly subsistence allowance will be payable for the published duration of the full-time programme, without any extensions.
- One return journey to Palestine the cost of which is capped at EUR 1000. Any additional trips or travel costs higher than this amount will have to be covered by the student.
Two scholarships will be awarded
- one for the candidate selected for the Master of Arts in Humanitarian Action and another one for the candidate selected for the Master of Arts in Cultural Heritage Management
- The scholarship holders will be requested to attend the Orientation Programme that is organised for all new international students joining the University of Malta. This will be held on September 27, 2017
- Applicants need to have submitted their application online and provided copies of their academic qualifications and all other requested documentation to the University of Malta by the 20th July 2017.
- Information is available at: http://www.um.edu.mt/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/232200/octoberadmissioninfo.pdf
- Applicants are requested to pay the application fee to the University of Malta in order for their application to be considered. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Details concerning the applicable fees are available at: http://www.um.edu.mt/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/232200/octoberadmissioninfo.pdf
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the scholarship are required to present a letter of motivation and three letters of reference. These are to be submitted as signed and scanned copies to the attention of the
Director, International Office by email at:
The covering message is to include reference to the application code generated by the online application and should also be submitted by the 20th July 2017. Documents that are submitted after the deadline cannot
For More Information: