Application Deadline- April 16 2018
Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of undergraduate scholarships offered by the Ministry of Higher Education and Highways (MoHEH), Sri Lanka for the academic year 2017/2018 and the courses are to commence in September 2018. Since this is a government to government scholarship program, candidates shall apply for this scholarship with the recommendation of the government nominating agency (i.e. Ministry or the
government Institution of his/her country).
- Be a citizen of a country covered by this scholarship. A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with results at a foreign examination held outside Sri Lanka, deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to Universities in Sri Lanka.
- Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E.(A/L) Examination of Sri Lanka or
their educational qualifications are considered for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examinations subject to the rules set out by the Education Authority of the country concerned.
- Applicants should attach to their applications the certified copies of the educational certificate and the statement of results of their qualifying examination. The copy of the educational certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Examinations Board which
conducted the examination concerned.
- Age : Be less than 25 years on 16.04.2018
- Free of charge tuition and registration.
- Free Visa for studies
- One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/-.
- A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/- during the study period.
- Reimbursement of cost of air fare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only].
Note: Kindly note that all above payments are made in LKR
VI. Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases
HOW TO APPLY:
I. Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of applications along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
II. Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out the section 06 B of the application.
III. The government nominating agency of the applicant shall submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka. In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka.
IV. Required documents:
i. Certified copy of Birth Certificate
ii. Certified copies (certified by the relevant examinations board) of the certificates and the academic transcripts of the Advanced Level and Ordinary Level Examinations or their equivalents.
iii. Original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations
iv. Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
v. Certified copy of the data page of applicant’s passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 1 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
vi. Certified copies of the Birth certificates of parents
vii. Medical Certificate
viii. Police Report
Note: Certified English translation must be provided for all the documents that are not in English.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications with the recommendation of the government nominating agency should be received to the address given below by on or before 16.04.2018
Ministry of Higher Education and Highways
No: 18, Ward Place
Applications received from other means and the late applications will not be considered.
For More Information: