IDB/FEMSA Foundation water prize 2017 (30,000+ Prize & funded to Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Application Deadline: September 12th, 2017 11:59 PM EST.
IDB and FEMSA Foundation launch water, sanitation and waste management innovation awards
The IDB-FEMSA Awards offer four prizes of US$10,000 and US$5,000 to innovative solutions to the problems of access to drinking water, sanitary services, and final disposal of solid waste in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Do you have a water, sanitation or solid waste startup, solution, product, initiative or service that is improving lives in Latin America and the Caribbean? If so, we are looking for you! Apply now to participate in the IDB-FEMSA Award. Selected finalists will join us in Buenos Aires for the award ceremony, which will take place in November during the IWA 2017 Congress.
The award aims to highlight innovative startups, solutions, products and initiatives in water, sanitation, and solid waste.
The jury will select up to 8 finalists who will travel to Buenos Aires for a final round of competition where they will have the chance to pitch their solutions to the jury in front of a live audience, consisting of sater, sanitation and solid waste management experts from all over the world.
The winners will receive a monetary prize and a special recognition from the Latin American Artist, Gerardo Azcúnaga.
Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
Applicant must be the founder or co-founder of the organization.
The organization must have at least six months and no more than three years since being established and it should be legally registered.
Applicant must operate in an IDB borrowing member country
Applications must be submitted through this website.
Applications must be submitted in any of the four official languages of the IDB (Spanish, French, English or Portuguese)
The organization startup must be ready to raise funds to go onto a new level of growth and impact.
A video pitch of no more than 2 minutes is required. The video must show all team members of the organization in front of the camera. The video must be custom made for this call. It must be uploaded to Youtube, as part of the application (no password protection please).
The video must answer the following questions:
- What is the problem that the product/service is addressing?
- What is the solution that your product/service offers?
- What are the organization growth plans?
- What is the composition of your team?
- Why should you be selected?
- Letters should come in an official letterhead and have the name and signature of the person recommending you and the organization.
- One letter has to be from an external collaborator or client, endorsing the organization’s work;
- The second letter must be from another type of organization familiar with the organization’s work and accomplishments that could validate the work being done;
- The letter of recommendation needs to endorse the individual and his or her work in the applicant organization.
- Recommendation letters cannot be from family members.
- Diplomas, invitation letters to events, or letters of recommendation for other contests will be disqualified.
For More Information: