Application Deadline: 2nd May 2016,
£30,000 tax-free funding for talented individuals entering physics teacher training in England in the 2016/17 academic year.
150 IOP scholarships will be awarded to the very best individuals who impress us with their academic record, physics subject knowledge and commitment to teaching.
To apply for a scholarship you must:
- Have a physics or related degree (such as engineering or mathematics) with a proven or predicted grade of at least 2.1;
or hold a relevant PhD or master’s degree or recognised equivalent;
or have completed a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course in physics.
If you have a 2.2 degree we will consider your application if you can demonstrate significant physics-related experience and knowledge
- By September 2016 secure your training place on a non-salaried university-led or school-led physics or physics with maths course in England for the 2016/17 academic year
- Be classified as a ‘Home’ student. Refer to the UKCISA website for full details
- Meet the bursary eligibility criteria as set out in the National College for Teaching and Leadership’s bursary guidance
As an IOP scholar you will not only receive £30,000 tax-free funding, you will also become part of a scholarship community, giving you access to:
- Free IOP membership for your teacher training year, including a subscription to Physics World
- Celebration events at the beginning and end of your training
- Networking events and educational trips exclusively for scholars throughout your training year
- Opportunities to contribute to physics education policy
- Early career mentoring from experienced physics teachers through our Stimulating Physics Network programme
For More Information: