Application Deadline: Jan 17, 2018Jan 17, 2018Ja
The Intercultural Leadership Institute is a year-long intensive leadership program for artists, culture bearers and other arts professionals.
ILI is a collaborative program of Alternate ROOTS, First Peoples Fund, National Association of Latino Arts & Cultures (NALAC) and PA’I Foundation. The effort grew out of our direct experiences as leaders of these founding cultural organizations. We often found that many personal and professional leadership programs emphasized dominant cultural norms, modes of learning and social approaches that didn’t match our commitment to cultural equity and change-making in our own communities.
At the time an application is submitted, the applicant must be an artist, culture bearer, arts professional and/or administrator. Successful applicants will demonstrate strong leadership potential within the field of arts and culture as well as a deep commitment to community, social change and/or cultural equity. The program will be rigorous and will require commitment to attend three week-long in-person convenings as well as participation in online sessions, peer interaction and other engagement over the course of a one-year period. All program costs including accommodation and travel will be covered for program participants by ILI and our funding partners.
If you have questions or need application support, please join an ILI Informational Call on the dates listed on this page. You may also contact ILI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carefully review the 2018-19 Intercultural Leadership Institute Guidelines. Follow instructions to ensure that your application materials are complete. An incomplete application will not be considered.
- Prepare responses and materials for the online application as follows:
Section I: Online Profile
Enter your contact and demographic information and then address the following prompts:
- How did you learn about the Intercultural Leadership Institute? Please be as specific as possible.
- If you are an artist, please indicate primary and additional artistic medium(s) or discipline(s).
- If you work, present or volunteer with arts and culture based organizations, please provide the following information for your primary organizational affiliation:
- Organization’s name, address & website
- Your Current title/relationship
- Your main duties/responsibilities
- Name of organization’s executive director or primary leader
- Year organization was founded
- How long have you been affiliated with the organization?
- How did the organization emerge (i.e. as a community effort, a single founder, etc.)?
- Are there any other organizational affiliations you would like to note?
- Enter your 100-word biography.
- Upload a photo of yourself which will be used publicly should you be chosen as a 2018-19 ILI Fellow.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the