International Debate Education Association Fellowship 2017 for Young People in the UK
The International Debate Education Association is giving the chance to debaters, educators, and working professionals the opportunity to teach students from diverse backgrounds the art of persuasion either during the autumn or spring term.
The fellowship aims to provide a wide access to opportunities to the young people in the UK by improving their self-confidence and social networks through our debate programme. We provide marginalised young people the opportunity to develop employability skills enabling them to be economically active citizens in the 21st Century labour market.
We promote social mobility and social inclusion of marginalised young people by developing key transferable skills such as critical thinking, critical consumption skills, divergent thinking, analysis, public speaking, active listening and teamwork by mentoring them to debate issues important to them in weekly Debate Clubs and tournaments.
- The Fellowship is open to candidates who can demonstrate a strong background in debating and public speaking. Postings in the UK are determined primarily by the needs of partner schools rather than the preferences of candidates themselves.
- As a candidate, you must ensure that you are able to commit on training students at least once a week which lasts for about two hours each time as this is an important condition on the selection process.
- Please take note that we only accept applications from those who have permission to live and work in the UK. You will be paired with an IDEA partner from corporate world with a background in public speaking or debate who has volunteer their time
- . Both you and our corporate partner will have access to our top quality bespoke training materials produced for the World Debate Club syllabus.
- As part of the fellowship, you will need to attend the induction programme and/or workshops conducted once a month (usually in the evening).
- IDea provide free-access to IDEA social events, opportunities to represent IDEA to international debating events as an adjudicator.
- You will be compensated for all travel expenses related to the fellowship and we will provide a generous financial stipend in return for your time contributing to the programme.
- IDEA are also working with our corporate partners to provide unique and rewarding internship and work experience opportunities within their companies in conjunction with this programme.
For More Information: