Application Deadline: October 11th 2015
The International Institute for Social Studies (ISS) is an international graduate school of policy-oriented critical social science in The Hague and forms part of Erasmus University Rotterdam. It brings together students and teachers from the Global South and the North in a European environment. It carries out research, teaching and public service in the field of development studies and international cooperation.
- You are a student on at least a Bachelor or Master university level in a relevant field (non-students are not eligible for this internship).
- You are interested in at least one of the following areas: public administration, international development, international/EU relations, communications, international law or finance.
- The Internship duration is a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 12 months. For periods longer than 3 months only EU-nationals can apply.
- You are expected to have a good level of English, in speech as well as in writing.
- As an intern you will provide administrative support for project and research activities. These can include assisting at all stages of the project cycle from acquisitions through to implementation e.g. support to looking for funding opportunities, writing funding proposals, compiling documents and files, preparing and taking part in meetings, minute taking, preparing communications, organisation of activities, and occasionally accompanying our project officers to stakeholder visits. ISS offers an excellent environment to attend conferences, seminars and workshops on development studies, and we will encourage you to do so.
- Part of your internship can be spent on the writing of a paper or assignment in the framework of your studies. We particularly welcome topics or assignments that have a relation to the work of ISS.
- An internship at ISS gives you the opportunity to improve your service orientation, writing, organisational, administrative and communication skills.
- You can also learn how to organise and prioritize your work and improve your computer skills. Although you will work under supervision of a mentor, you will take part in all activities of the team.
- We offer a small stipend which will not be sufficient to cover your living costs in The Netherlands. With its extensive international staff and student base, the ISS hosts many social activities that you are welcome to partake in. This includes an annual BBQ, social events and gatherings for MA and PhD students, cultural fashion shows, excursions and seasonal festivities.
- If you would like to apply to the internship vacancy, we look forward to receiving your CV, a letter of recommendation from your professor and a proof of registration at your university that covers the period of your internship.
You can send this information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: