Irish Diplomatic Service Third Secretary (Graduate Entry Grade) in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Application Deadline: May 11th 2017
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is seeking committed, high calibre candidates to join the Irish Diplomatic Service at Third Secretary level. Successful candidates will be involved in the development and implementation of Ireland-s foreign policy and in representing and promoting and protecting the interests and values of Ireland and its citizens abroad.
Applications are particularly welcome from candidates who have qualifi cations in, and/or practical experience of, international relations, economic and trade promotion and development cooperation as well as from candidates who have foreign language skills. During a career in the diplomatic service, you can expect to work at headquarters in Dublin or Limerick, at a number of Irish Embassies and Missions abroad and in other offi ces of the Department.
The successful candidates will hold a first or second class honours degree (minimum of Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or have qualified as a Solicitor or a Barrister.
- To serve our people at home and abroad and to promote reconciliation and cooperation
- To protect and advance Ireland’s interests and values in Europe
- To work for a fairer, more just, secure and sustainable world
- To advance Ireland’s prosperity by promoting our economic interests internationally
- To strengthen our influence and our capacity to deliver our goals
- The competition is only open to persons who are citizens of Ireland.
- Applicants for this position must, on or before the closing date of 11th May 2017:
- Working knowledge of foreign languages, especially Arabic, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Experience of international relations, economic and trade promotion and development cooperation
- Your online application must be submitted through www.publicjobs.ie not later than 3pm on Thursday 11th May, 2017.
- Applications will not be accepted after this date.
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application within two working days of applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: