ITV News Traineeship 2018/19 Programme for Journalists (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: Sunday 11 March 2018.
ITV News, the most commercially successful news service in the UK, is offering you the opportunity to join our national and regional news teams. As a trainee journalist you will be working at the heart of our news operation learning all the skills you need to work in one of our multi-media newsrooms. It’s a big challenge that will demand the very best of you. You will need to demonstrate a commitment to journalism, have loads of great story ideas and be ambitious.
The trainees go on to secure roles covering regional, national and international news. The majority stay with us and forge a successful career within ITV, Britain’s most popular commercial broadcaster. You will be learning from talented people who want to share their skills and experience with you. It’s a fast-paced and challenging environment so you should be ready to work hard and to high standards. You will be well supported with regular feedback and guidance.
This is a nine-month programme starting on Monday 1st October 2018 and we are looking for 12 talented journalists, seven of whom will work in one of our English Regional newsrooms in ITV Anglia (Norwich); ITV Central (Birmingham); ITV Granada (Media City, Salford); ITV Meridian (Nr Southampton); ITV Tyne Tees & Border (Gateshead, nr Newcastle); ITV West Country (Bristol); or ITV Yorkshire (Leeds). Two trainees will be based in our national newsrooms; one for ITV Cymru Wales in Cardiff and the other for UTV in Belfast. Two trainees will be working in our Network newsroom based in London, plus we have an opportunity for one trainee to be based on Jersey at ITV Channel (St Helier).
- ITV are particularly interested in talented and enthusiastic people who have committed themselves to a career in journalism, either through their writing, work experience, academic choices or their career so far.
- If you’re looking to change your career and you can demonstrate an interest in Journalism in the past, your application will be welcome.
- You will need to provide evidence of having a GCSE in Mathematics or equivalent (Grade C or above) and English Language or equivalent (Grade B or above), as well as being able to evidence your genuine interest in News output.
- You will need to be over the age of 18 by 1 October 2018.
- The development programme involves attending short periods of training in other parts of the country so you must be prepared to travel (ITV will provide accommodation and travel costs).
- You need to be based in the UK or Channel Islands and have the right to work here, as ITV News does not sponsor work permits for its traineeship schemes.
- You’ll receive a salary of £23,009 pa for all roles outside of London (£24,660 in London) and five weeks annual leave pro-rata’d during the scheme.
- A very high percentage of those who graduate from the programme have gone on to secure permanent jobs with both ITV News and ITV more widely, although there are no guarantees of continued employment beyond the 9 months.
Applications can only be made for this scheme online. However, ITV is an inclusive employer and if you require this information in an alternative format as part of your reasonable adjustment needs, please contact email@example.com.
The scheme goes live on Monday 19th February. Click here to access the online application form.
If shortlisted, you will be invited to a one-day assessment centre at ITV’s London office on either Tuesday 17th or Wednesday 18th April 2018. Please note that ITV News is not able to accommodate additional interview and assessment dates.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the