JICA 2017 Scholarships for Asian Students at Japanese Universities
Application Deadline: Varying by Institutions
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is offering scholarships for students who are studying at ‘partner schools’ in Asian countries. Selected students will come to Japan in around September 2017 to commence master’s or doctor’s programme at participating Japanese Universities.
This initiative aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation in the whole Asia.
Scholarships are awarded in such fields as Science and Technology, and Engineering, especially, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
In this program, participants will be accepted in master’s or doctor’s courses at Japanese universities in such fields as Science and Technology, and Engineering, especially, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
- Nationality: Citizens of one of the 12 Asian countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam)
- Under 40 years of age (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Bachelor’s degree (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Those who study or graduated from the partner schools
- Adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course or doctor’s course
For Applicants of the 1st Batch
1st batch students will come to Japan in around September 2017 to commence the study at Japanese Universities.
The selection is subjected to the schedule and deadline of each Japanese university you apply for (see below 6). Please directly contact Japanese Universities.
JICA will provide the following expenses for participants in the program.
- Tuition at Japanese university master’s/ doctor’s degree programs (and research student) (actual cost)
- Allowances for living expenses (fixed amount)
- Outfit allowance (general outfit and shipping) (fixed amount)
- Mobilization allowance (fixed amount)
- Moving allowance (lump-sum payment for rental contract)
- Books (fixed amount)
- Interior research (fixed amount)
- A round-trip airfare (actual cost)
- Expenses for support programs during the study in Japan, including the costs of observation tours and internship (actual cost)
- Tuition for Japanese language and business manner training (fixed amount)
For More Information: