Joint U.S. – Netherlands Cyber Security Research Programme 2017
Application Deadline: August 31st at 14:00 CET.
This is a Joint call for proposals from NWO, the Ministery of Justice & Security and the Department of Homeland Security, Cyber Security Division. NWO, in the name of the funding partners, invites researchers with a background in ICT or Computer Science to submit a proposal within the themes of this call, in partnership with a U.S. co-applicant. The US co-applicant should submit his proposal at DHS CSD.
With this call for proposals, the funding partners whish to encourage joint U.S. – Netherlands research activities in cyber security by issuing this joint call for proposals. With this programme we want to enable Netherlands-based researchers and U.S.-based researchers to collaborate with each other in a joint execution of high quality research proposals and to help build long-term relationships among scientists from the two countries.
Applications can be submitted to NWO by full, associate and assistant professors and other researchers with a comparable appointment if they:
- hold an appointment/a position at a Dutch university or a research institution acknowledged by NWO and;
- possess at least a Master’s degree or a comparable qualification;
- have a contract (appointment) for at least the duration of the anticipated research project for which the grant is being applied for.
Researchers are not allowed to submit more than one proposal in the capacity of main applicant. Involvement in other project proposals in the capacity of co-applicant is allowed.
What to apply for
At NWO, applicants are allowed to apply for:
- one PhD or 2/3 year PostDoc position.
- Up to 15.000 euro for additional research funding. The additional funding can be used for:
- Travel costs for the purpose of the requested research;
- Equipment / software for the purpose of the project, if the costs are above 5.000 euro;
- Other activities in the framework of the project.
The U.S. applicant can refer for funding opportunities to the DHS call for proposals.
For More Information: