Mathilde Krim Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research
Application Deadline- June 7, 2018
The goal of amfAR’s Mathilde Krim Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research is to:
- Facilitate the exceptional postdoctoral researcher’s transition to an independent career in HIV/AIDS research within an academic institution or nonprofit organization
- Support two years of postdoctoral basic biomedical research (phase I)
- Provide the possibility of one additional year of research funding during the first year of an independent research position (phase II)
Applicant Eligibility and Qualifications
- Hold a research or clinical doctorate completed between three and six years prior to May 3, 2018*
- Be positioned to secure an independent research position no later than March 2021
- Be the first author on significant publications in leading peer-reviewed journals
- Propose a line of research sufficiently distinct from the mentor’s own research that it indicates future independence
- Have made oral and poster presentations at major scientific conferences and meetings
- Be affiliated with a nonprofit research institution anywhere in the world
- Be mentored by an experienced investigator at the same institution who: (a) is qualified to oversee the proposed research; (b) has successfully supervised postdoctoral fellows; and (c) is at the associate professor level or higher.
*The three- to six-year eligibility window starts from the date the most recent doctoral degree was completed. E.g., the window for Ph.D. candidates starts from the date of successful dissertation defense; the window for M.D., Ph.D. candidates starts with the most recent of the internship completion or successful dissertation defense dates.
Submission Requirements and Deadlines
Submission of a letter of intent (LOI) is completed through an online portal.
Step 1: Click here to register.
You will receive portal log in details and LOI forms. Deadline extensions will not be provided.
Step 2: Log in to the portal to complete the LOI and upload required forms, including:
- Fellow’s Eligibility Details, Publications, Presentations, and Posters
- Fellow’s Biographical Sketch and Mentor’s Biographical Sketch and List of Fellows Supervised
- Resources and Environment Form
- Signature Form
For More Information: