Application Deadline- Dec. 5, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
The Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program enables extraordinary individuals, from across the globe and from diverse disciplines, to increase their capacity to make the world a better place. Each year, the Program selects 16 World Fellows to spend four months together in residence at Yale University to grow intellectually, share knowledge, strengthen skills and expand networks.
World Fellows are people of character, integrity, energy and talent. They are dynamic, creative, disruptive and innovative. They are selfless leaders who serve, inspire and motivate others. They have demonstrated impact, they are on the rise in their careers, and they are ambitious to grow to their full potential.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be at least five, and typically not more than twenty, years into their careers, with demonstrated professional accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a Greenberg World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- be a citizen of a country other than the United States. While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
Selection criteria include:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the local, national, or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to the global perspective on Yale’s campus;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one- or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
For More Information: