National Science Teachers Association/Shell Science Lab Challenge 2015
- Applicants may be individual teachers or teams of teachers of science in grades 6-12, in the United States and Canada, representing their schools.
- A teacher is limited to one application per year (whether submitting as an individual or team applicant).
- A school may submit an unlimited number of applications.
- One Grand Prize Winning School will receive a lab makeover support package valued at $20,000.
- 4 National Finalist schools will each receive a lab makeover support package valued at $8,500.
- 18 district winner schools will each receive a lab makeover support package valued at $3,000.
- Prizes include Shell cash grants, NSTA memberships, NSTA Learning Center subscriptions, support to attend NSTA Conferences on Science Education, and donated science lab equipment.
- The Grand Prize Winner and 4 National Finalists will be honored at the Teacher Awards Gala at NSTA’s National Conference on Science Education in Nashville, Tennessee (March 31–April 3, 2016).
- The Shell Science Lab Challenge Judging Panel will review applications (due December 16, 2015) and select up to 54 district finalists (3 in each of 18 NSTA Districts). District finalists will be asked to provide additional responses, including a 3-5 minute video (due January 2016) that displays the school’s current science laboratory facilities and provides further explanation of how winning equipment/resources would make a difference in the applicant’s science teaching and in the learning experience for students.
- The Judging Panel will review the district finalist submissions and select 18 district winners. The Shell Science Lab Challenge National Judging Panel subcommittee will select a Grand Prize Winner and four National Finalists from the pool of district winners.
For More Information: