Newton Fund UK-China agritech challenge 2017
Application Deadline: 2 August 2017
Innovate UK and the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) are investing up to £8 million (£4 million each) in projects that use cutting-edge technologies to solve agricultural challenges in China.
The aim of this competition is to encourage innovative partnerships between the UK and China. Innovate UK, BBSRC and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) are funding this competition as part of the Newton Fund.
Projects should address challenges related to agricultural technologies in one or more of these 3 sectors:
- Precision agriculture, agriculture digitisation and decision management tools.
- Improving the efficiency of sustainable agricultural production
- Agricultural products processing
The aim of this competition is to encourage innovative partnerships between the UK and China. A project should bring together a consortium of eligible UK and Chinese partners to put forward agri-tech solutions. These solutions should respond to China’s health, safety, productivity and environmental needs in the agricultural field. Consortia should also show how they aim to create sustainable links between the UK and Chinese partners.
To apply to this competition, your project must contain at least:
- one UK-based business of any size
- one UK higher education institute or Research Council Institute eligible for BBSRC funding
- one Chinese business
- one Chinese academic institution
You can carry out the project entirely in China, or in China and the UK, but not solely in the UK.
- 5 June 2017 Competition opens16 June 2017 Applicant briefing event.26 July 2017 Registration deadline.26 July 2017 12:00pm Registration closes2 August 2017 12:00pm Competition closes27 October 2017 Applicants notified
How to Apply
- each project consortium should nominate its UK project lead to act as lead applicant and register for the competition
- the lead applicant must register online
- read the guidance for applicants for this competition
- attend the briefing event for potential applicants on Friday 16 June 2017 (by webinar)
- complete and upload your online application on our secure server
For More Information: