Application Deadline: November 1st 2016
Love Cartoons? So do we! An internship at Nickelodeon can launch you on an exciting, fun-filled career in children’s entertainment. When people think about an internship, they envision getting coffee, running errands, and slaving away behind a copy machine where everyone knows you as “The Intern.” Fortunately, there is still hope out there, and that is at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank, CA! Here, we call our interns “NICKterns,” and if you get coffee it will be for yourself!
The Nickelodeon Animation Studio produces such hits as SpongeBob SquarePants, Sanjay and Craig, Wallykazam!, Breadwinners, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Some of the great perks to being a NICKtern are networking with studio artists and producers, having lunch with top executives, going to free movie screenings, taking practice art tests, attending intern classes and much, much more!!
Apply to be a NICKtern in any of the following departments:
- Animation Development – Animation Current Series – 2D Animation Productions
- CG – Animation Productions – Post Production – Talent Outreach & Development
- Talent & Casting – Original Movies – Digital Operations – Archive & Resource Library
- Office Services/Facilities – Special Events – Human Resources – Finance
- Communications & Publicity – Social Media & Connected Content – Content Relations
- TV Production & Technology
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Be hard-working
- Be passionate
- Be creative
- Be nice
- Be orange
- and most importantly…BE AWESOME!
Candidates must meet and comply with ALL of the criteria below to be eligible for any Viacom Internship Program:
- Internships are paid at a standard competitive hourly rate of $10/hour (California).
- Proper work authorization is needed to be employed within the United States.
- Interns must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks. An extension may be requested by the department following the 10 weeks, but may not overlap with the next internship semester.
- Interns must be available to work a minimum of two full days per week (16 hours), but some departments may require more than two days. Interns may work no more than 35 hours per week.
Internships are open to current, matriculated college juniors, seniors, and recent grads. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting college/university. Graduate students, MBA candidates, and law school students also accepted.
- Upon acceptance, we will require a letter from your college/university confirming you are a matriculated junior, senior, graduate student or law student. Failure to provide this letter at orientation may result in dismissal for the program.
- College credit is not required, but we will provide appropriate documentation if necessary and upon request.
- Please note that we do not offer housing. Guidance on accommodations is available upon request.
For More Information: