Submission Deadline: March 1st, 2018
Established by Nikon Inc. as part of the brand’s 100th anniversary celebration, The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship supports the next generation of visual content creators. The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship is open to undergraduate and graduate students at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada pursuing degrees in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography and multimedia/content creation who will have completed their freshman year of college or academic equivalent before Fall 2018.
Eligible students can apply to be one of ten individuals awarded with an academic scholarship of $10,000 USD, to help foster their growth and pursue careers in creative fields. Semi-finalists will be invited to submit a portfolio of images or brief video for consideration by a selection committee who will determine the ten winning applicants. Scholarships will be awarded for use in the 2018-2019 academic school year.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship:
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada.
- You must complete your freshman year of college or academic equivalent before Fall 2018.
- You must be majoring in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography, or multimedia/content creation.
- You must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average at time of application.
- You will need to provide a recommendation from a professor, teacher or academic advisor.
If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission, description of photo/video submission and copy of academic transcript.
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship Key Dates:
- Application Opens: December 14, 2017
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Semi-Finalist Selection: March 12, 2018
- Semi-Finalist Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Scholarship Recipients Notified: Approximately June 2018
*Timeline is subject to change at discretion of program sponsor
- Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/Nikon (program key Nikon) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password.
- Log into your AIM account to be taken directly to The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship application.
- Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents (e.g. recommendation letter).
- Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application.