OSCE Dialogue Academy 2017 -Peace Castle, Austria (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: June 20th 2017
You will have the opportunity-through interactive learning modules, team-building, mentoring, learning-by-doing, and role playing-to expand your knowledge on issues on women empowerment. The themes are:
- “Dialogue and reconciliation” – Tanja Tamminen, Research Fellow, Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies in Regensburg,Germany (currently working for the EUAM Ukraine);
- “Women in politics” – Sonja Lokar,Executive Director, CEE Network for Gender Issues, Ljubljana Ofce;
- Prominent women of the “Follow Us”initiative;
- Professional team-building exercises.
Additional guest lecturers will come from academia, politics, and media. Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to engage in joint team-building activities.
All expenses related to participation in the Dialogue Academy will be covered by the OSCE including:
- Flights to and from Austria;
- Course module costs;
- Visa cost and health insurance;
- Meals and refreshments;
- Bus travel for cultural visits.
We invite applications from women between 20 and 27 years of age from the geographical regions covered by the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and the OSCE Mission to Serbia. Candidates should be undergraduate and graduate students in the eld of social sciences, as well as young professionals in the elds of media, politics, and the civil society sector. Candidates should prove their genuine interest and/or engagement in civic actions (politics, voluntarism, community work, advocacy, policy making etc.). Excellent English language skills are required,since lectures, discussions and role plays will be held in English. Twelve (12) successful applicants from each society that meet the qualication criteria will be selected to participate in this Dialogue Academy.
If you would like to apply for the 2017 Dialogue Academy, please send the following documents in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A motivation letter (max. one page), which should address the following issue: “How can women promote dialogue, reconciliation and cooperation in the region?”The letter should also outline your motivations and expectations to take part to the programme and indicate whether you would like to be considered for Prishtinë/Priština or Belgrade group.
- CV, including your date of birth and names and contacts of at least two referees (names of university professors or supervisors), as well as your mobile phone number and email address.
- A statement whether you or any of your relative are/are not employed with the OSCE.
For applicants requiring a Schengen visa, please note that you need to make yourself available during the visa application process (and be physically present to apply for the visa) in August/September 2017. Please send your application by midnight, 20 June 2017.
For More Information: