Application Deadline: Friday, 6 January 2017
- Are you passionate about the future of Papua New Guinea? Do you enjoy research and solving problems?
- Are you interested in public policy? Can you make a difference?
- If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then a research cadetship with the Papua New Guinea National Research Institute (PNG NRI) could be a great starting point for your career.
PNG NRI is Papua New Guinea’s leading think tank on public policy and development related issues. The international and national researchers are experts in their fields. A Cadetship with PNG NRI provides you with the opportunity to work with and learn from these experts. PNG NRI is committed to inquiring, informing and influencing. The Institute seeks to contribute to shaping Papua New Guinea’s future through conducting cutting-edge policy research, the facilitation of public dialogue, and influencing decision making.
- The Institute is now seeking applications from recent university graduates with first and honours degrees to become public policy research cadets.
- The cadetship will provide you with the opportunity for further learning about research methods and writing for public policy, the opportunity to conduct your own research with the support of a mentor at PNG NRI, and the opportunity to work in the field and contribute to real research projects.
- A PNG NRI research cadetship is not for the faint-hearted. You will work hard, be constantly learning, and be dealing with some of the complex problems facing PNG. Are you up to the challenge?
- The future researchers we are looking for should possess the following skills, experiences and achievements:
• GPA of 4 and above out of a maximum scale of 5 in the final year of studies.
• Be near completion or recently completed a degree in economics, public policy, political science, land studies and environmental science, or other social sciences disciplines
• Excellent writing skills;
• The confidence to express your opinion and support it with facts;
• Outstanding interpersonal communication skills;
• Sound computer skills;
Duration of the cadetship
- PNG NRI Research Cadets are employed with the Institute for a period of 12 months.
- At the completion of the cadetship, outstanding cadets may be employed by the Institute for a further two years as Research Project Officers.
- Those that move on after the cadetship will be well qualified to seek employment in a range of public and private sector roles.
- Applications for the 2017 Cadetship are now open, and will be received at the PNG NRI office until Friday, 6 January 2017. Applications should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager
The National Research institute
PO Box 5854
BOROKO NCD 111
Papua New Guinea
Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Your application should consist only of a cover letter, your CV, and a copy of your most recent academic transcript.
- Please DO NOT send copies of certificates, diplomas, reference letters etc.
Short-listed applicants will be notified by telephone and email about next steps. It is envisaged the cadetship will commence in February/March 2017.
For More Information: