Prague Civil Society Fellowships 2018 fully funded three-month research residencies
Application Deadline: March 10th 2018
Fellowships are fully funded three-month research residencies in Prague for individuals from Eastern Europe and Central Asia. This includes activists, experts, researchers and people working on civic-minded projects and social issues in their country or region.
You can use this opportunity to:
• research challenges, opportunities and trends affecting civil society in your country or region
• write a book or training manual, policy or analytical paper
• conceptualise and initiate a new project
All travel and living expenses are covered by the Prague Civil Society Centre and you will have the opportunity to receive a small grant to aid the development of your project. There will also be opportunities for professional development, networking and English language training.
What: Fully funded three-month research residency for activists, researchers and journalists working with civic activism and social issues in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Dates: Two intakes: Summer 2018 (June-August) and Autumn 2018 (September-December)
- Anyone from Eastern Europe and Central Asia (see map below) with proven experience and commitment to civil society in their country or region. This includes experts, researchers, human rights defenders, environmental or urban activists, journalists and members of NGOs and civic-minded groups
You could be:
• in the advanced stage of working on a research paper or book and need a few months to finish a project without the distractions of everyday life or challenges of a repressive political environment
• an experienced trainer or someone who provides educational programmes for civil society and are looking to develop a new curriculum or re-think your current approach
• someone with extensive knowledge and experience with a certain type of activism and are looking to document your knowledge to share with others
• someone with knowledge and experience of successful or failed reform processes in your country and want to document this experience as to guide future reforms in your country or abroad
• looking to write a comparative analysis of reform experiences between your country and another country/countries in the region. The fellowship can fund your research trips.
• someone with a fresh idea on how to reinvigorate civil society activism and need time to conceptualise this and work out your approach
• someone with extensive experience with using technology and smart communication tools for social change and activism and you feel that you are ready to share your experience and approach
• someone with extensive experience with social entrepreneurship or other ways of combining profit making and pro-bono work and you want to record and share your knowledge
• working in a repressive environment and need a safe place for a productive recess
How to apply
Step 1 – Download and complete the fellowship application form. Click here to download
Step 2 – Complete the registration form. You will find a link to this on the fellowship application form.
Deadline – 10 March 2018
The selction process will involve interviews with shortlisted candidates and discussions regarding the project idea and your availability. We will provide updates regarding the section process on the website.
For More Information: